Are you looking for the right framework for your web app development? Stuck up in the tough fight between two of the most popular and loved frameworks namely – Angular and ReactJS? This tussle is not only being faced by you but also by many other business owners, project managers and even the technical decision makers.
Pushing a web app to the stores well before your competitor, is the key to success in today’s highly competitive world. Choosing the right framework for web app development promises you long term success and the ability to scale up with time. Although both the frameworks are easy to use, unique and used for building cutting-edge mobile and web applications, yet both have their own favoring points and drawbacks. So, to help you choose the one which suits your requirements the best, we present a detailed comparison between the two.
AngularJS was created by Google in 2009 as an MVVM framework which is TypeScript based and open-source web app development platform. Angular has been preferred over all these years for creating dynamic and highly interactive web applications.All the versions later to the one of its first release are known with their version and not as AngularJS. Being a giant in the stream and constantly adding innovations, Angular 5 has been introduced with support for Progressive Web Apps (PWAs).
Advantages of AngularJS
- Angular does not need any observable functions. It analyses the page DOM and builds the bindings based on Angular-specific element attributes. This leads to lesser code writing which is cleaner, easier and lesser prone to errors.
- Angular offers features like enhanced RXJS which leads to fast compilation.
- It is also quite popular for being a comprehensive solution for quick front-end development. It has extended features like dependency injection, routing, data building, animations, and many more like orchestration and enterprise level testing .
- Angular has detailed documentation that allows developers to have effective communication and collaboration over the learning curve.
- It is supported by Intellij IDEA, Visual Studio .NET IDEs, Google and ofcourse a great community of developers.
- Angular is quite intuitive as it uses HTML as a declarative Language.
- One of its most promising advantages is that Angular is unit testing ready.
Disadvantages of Angular
- Angular has a very complex syntax which descends from its very first version. But with Angular 5 which uses TypeScript 2.4, the learning has become far easier.
- Multiple ways to do the same thing in AngularJS confuse the beginners.
- With time, as the project grows, you need to create new versions using different approaches. Implementation in Angular have low scalability.
- The UI of your app may lag severely if you have more than 2000 watchers. This might happen as the complexity of Angular Forms is limited which includes big data grids and lists.
About React JS
Advantages of React JS
- ReactJS is easy to learn because of its simplified syntax. Developers having HTML writing skills can easily write in React and they do not need to learn TypeScript as in Angular.
- React is an extremely responsive and highly flexible web application development library.
- Having reusable components makes React JS a wonderful thing to use. Re-using code not only helps in easier development of the apps but also easier maintenance and a consistent look across the project.
- ReactJS affects the Virtual Data object Mode which allows arranging the documents in HTML, XHTML or even XML formats. Being easily accepted by the web browsers while parsing the various elements of the webapp.
- React is considered as a great developer’s tool and even has a dedicated version which assists in designing and debugging the new technology. Some of the exclusive features of ReactJS are the ability to inspect the hierarchies on Virtual DOM, examine and edit their current properties and state.
- It has a unidirectional data binding. It has a downward data binding which means it does not allow changes made to the child element affect the parent element.
- It has another compelling advantage of being extremely light as the data performing on the user side can be easily represented on the server side at the same time.
- Migrating between the various versions of React is very easy. Being owned by Facebook, it provides the codemods to automate the maximum part of the process. React 16 is completely compatible with the previous versions and supports asynchronous rendering.
Drawbacks of ReactJS
- React JS does not have a place for proper documentation. Being so fast in development, it lacks official documentation which creates chaos due to random contributions without a system.
- It needs deep knowledge and a long practice to earn the expertise. Developers need to be equipped with all the knowledge on how to use and integrate user interface into MVC framework.
- Having too many choices makes React a non-opinionated library.
Comparison – Angular Js V/S React Js
As mentioned above, both the technologies have their respective pros and cons. Thus declaring one as a winner over other is actually hard. But we would recommend to a beginner to study and learn the basics of both and should implement them in accordance with the requirement of the project. For a developer, there is not much difference among the two, except getting in habit of using them. If you really want to opt one out of the two for a specific project, drop us a message and we will help you decide the one which suits the requirements the best.