PHP has been the fourth most popular programming language in the world. It has powered for more than 200 million websites making it more than 81.7% of public websites. With the introduction of PHP 7, many significant changes have been made to PHP since 2004 at the time of release of PHP 5. PHP 7 is embeded with explosive performance improvements, significantly reduced memory usage and a host of new features to make the apps soar.
With the new Zend Engine 3.0, PHP 7 has 2x faster performance and 50% lesser memory consumption over PHP5.6. These features have been built in PHP 7 to allow you to serve more concurrent users without adding any hardware.
PHP 7 has come up with loads of features like faster performance, less resources and cool new features like scalar type declarations, spaceship Operator, anonymous classes and many more. PHP 7 contains a number of breaking changes, such removal of PHP safe mode, magic quotes and number of reserved keywords and others.
PHP 7.0 comes with a new version of Zend Engine, numerous improvements and new features added are:
1. Improved performance: PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
2. Significantly reduced memory usage
3. Abstract Syntax Tree
4. Consistent 64-bit support
5. Improved Exception hierarchy
6. Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
7. Secure random number generator
8. Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
9. Return and Scalar Type Declarations
10.Zero cost asserts
11.Return and Scalar Type Declarations